Volume 4, fasicle 1:
- Part 1: Introduction of Binary Decision Diagrams, Page XX - Page XX.
- Part 2: Todo
- Part 3: Todo
- Part 4: Todo
Content of TAOCP
- Chapter 1 – Basic concepts. Algorithms, Mathematical, Preliminaries, MMIX, Some Fundamental Programming Techniques.
- Chapter 2 – Information Structures. Linear Lists, Trees, Multilinked Structures, Dynamic Storage,Allocation, History and Bibliography.
- Chapter 3 – Random Numbers. Generating Uniform Random Numbers, Statistical Tests, Other Types of Random Quantities, What Is a Random Sequence?
- Chapter 4 – Arithmetic. Positional Number Systems, Floating Point Arithmetic, Multiple Precision Arithmetic, Radix Conversion, Rational Arithmetic, Polynomial Arithmetic, Manipulation of Power Series.
- Chapter 5 – Sorting. Combinatorial Properties of Permutations, Internal sorting, Optimum Sorting, External Sorting.
- Chapter 6 – Searching. Sequential Searching, Searching by Comparison of Keys, Digital Searching, Hashing, Retrieval on Secondary Keys.
- Chapter 7 – Combinatorial Searching. Boolean Basics, Binary Decision Diagrams, Generating All Possibilities, Shortest paths, Graph algorithms, Network algorithms, Independence ,theory, Discrete dynamic programming, Branch-and-bound techniques, Herculean tasks (aka NP-hard problems), Near-optimization.
- Chapter 8 – Recursion
- Chapter 9 – Lexical scanning
- Chapter 10 – Parsing techniques
- Chapter X - The Theory of Context-free Languages
- Chapter Y - Compiler Techniques